Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

goalsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sebesta, can't you ask your telephone provider to get your old number back?  I don't know if all mobile provider can do so, maybe the majority not but you never know.  I only know about 1 provider who gave me ever my old number back, namely Proximus.  That's all I can tell you.  Then of course you have a different PIN and PUK.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jozef_sebesta 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

goalsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass, what exactly do you mean with 'randomly available' related to chat?

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@goalsurfer 

without wanting to answer for her,I think she means

I think it means, Paypal chat is answers to questions, but without managing the order of arrival of questions. an adviser sees one question among others, he answers one but not necessarily all of them.

or

it is not always open and/or, a paypal customer advisor is not always there.

that's right ? @kernowlass 

and I paid attention this time [her] 😉

Login to Me Too

goalsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

@sebesta, well I wish you more success with this method than with my tip because afterwards I got a problem with Proximus' app, probably that is a consequence of their yet uncompleted solution.   

Login to Me Too

bbbakaotaku
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Can someone tell me what happened to my paypal account? Everytime I log in it always bring me to paypal website saying "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you.". What am I supposed to do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbbakaotaku 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Salim_1998
Contributor
Contributor

Anytime I try to log in my PayPal I get a reply "Sorry we couldn't confirm it is you...." Any help on this??

Login to Me Too

WutDaFlip
New Community Member

I cannot log in to my Paypal account on my Phone. everytime I try to login it says "Sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you". this happened because I didn't get any verification code from my number and I spam it :), pls help me!!

Login to Me Too

Andris202
New Community Member

I can't login to my account because my phone number changed and now I can't receive the code. What can I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.