Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

temp01232022
New Community Member

Hi all! I haven't logged in in a long time and my phone number has changed in the meantime. Now I wanted to log in, but they want to send the confirmation code to my old phone number. How I can edit my phone number, if I can't even logging in??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp01232022 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nanslapper
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I have lost my old phone, on recieving my new phone and number I tried to login to paypal, which needs a text confirmation and doesnt provide any other way. I have called paypal support and given them theblast 4 digits of a bank account I have recieved funds into and they are getting an "error". I am a musician and artist and my Donation button is directly linked to my paypal, I need to recieve my funds. Thank you in advance for any support

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @nanslapper,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to validate your account using your bank account number. If they received an error in trying to validate you, it's possible that it was a temporary error and that contacting again will yield a different result. If the problem is persisting, you can ask if there's another way to validate identity so you can get the number changed and get back into the account. I regret that at this point, as the self-help options are not able to be used, Customer Service is the only option for resolution.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Kezzawezza
New Community Member

I can't validate my phone number which is on my account and am logging in on my friend's phone so need to verify it is me but am unable to as don't have access to my old number and want to add my friends number but again can't until I log in and then I'm back to where I started with validate it's me but by using old number

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Kezzawezza 

sim card lost or not, without valid mobile number, you need to contact paypal customer service.

Due to the fact that you do not have access to your old phone number, you will need to contact our telephone support team.

Please go to the PayPal home page and
1. Go to the Contact Us page: https://www.paypal.com - contact us
2. Select Password and account access
3. Select Connection issues

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Kezzawezza,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues accessing your account. I know this must be frustrating. To get this sorted, please go to 'Contact', and then click on 'Password issues'. There you will be able to contact our customer support without logging in.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

jozef_sebesta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, i am customer from europe and l lost my phone - i have new phone number. I have seen that i should call some US phone number- but it will be pretty expensive option and also might take a lot of time. Is there more comfortable way to get access to my account ?

Login to Me Too

goalsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

If you get help soon for this then I find you're a lucky one.  I have this problem since maybe a couple of years.  It's getting annoying now that a certain company with neglected website took twice the same amount for a domain I don't own anymore.  My only consolation is that you can't go negative.

Login to Me Too

goalsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sebesta, can't you ask your telephone provider to get your old number back?  I don't know if all mobile provider can do so, maybe the majority not but you never know.  I only know about 1 provider who gave me ever my old number back, namely Proximus.  That's all I can tell you.  Then of course you have a different PIN and PUK.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.