Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,974 REPLIES 4,974

oxtondel
Contributor
Contributor

Still no reply from paypal I've tried all the suggestions from the community but none of them worked. If you don't want my business please let me know

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @oxtondel,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post! It seems like you're unable to access your account due to a phone number change. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to log in to your PayPal account without a mobile phone number attached to your account. The best way to resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

claudiachaouka
Contributor
Contributor

This is for my old paypal account that is linked to my old works email. I no longer work there and I have money sitting in there and want to take it out. I have tried to reset the password but I have been unsuccessful - it says We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again later and I believe this is due to my old company deleted my email / making it obsolete.

How do I get into the account?

Login to Me Too

etivt
New Community Member

changed the phone number and now I can't log in in my account, thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@etivt 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220110b
New Community Member

I changed my phone number many months ago and the phone number associated with the account I want to access is now owned by another person. I have not logged in for a long time and I forgot my password. When I try to change it, it says I need to do a quick security check with my OLD phone number. I'm stuck and can't login anymore. I have no other options. What can I do?

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Temp20220110b 

indeed, you also need a valid number to change the password.

the answer to your question is present several times on the subject

sim card lost or not, without valid mobile number, you need to contact paypal customer service.

Due to the fact that you do not have access to your old phone number, you will need to contact our telephone support team.

Please go to the PayPal home page and
1. Go to the Contact Us page: https://www.paypal.com - contact us
2. Select Password and account access
3. Select Connection issues

Where

during working days and opening hours

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (Paypal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

Login to Me Too

Dorien
New Community Member
I changed my telephone number and i don’t know how to change it because i can not access my profil
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dorien 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @kernowlass 

I'm surprised no one is looking at the answers here for the same question all the time.
the response is present without stopping.
Happy New Year and best wishes .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.