Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Bambu579
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I am having problems with the authentication. Last year I have changed my phone number and forgot to change it on my paypal account. So now when it asks me the authentication with the a text messege I can't get it because the phone number is now different. I chose "Try another way", but it redirects me to the same page with the authentication with text messege. I don't know what to do. Can you help me, please? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Julia205
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I am having problems with the authentication. Last year I have changed my phone number and forgot to change it on my paypal account. So now when it asks me the authentication with the a text messege I can't get it because the phone number is now different. I chose "Try another way", but it redirects me to the same page with the authentication with text messege. I don't know what to do. Can you help me, please? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Ummat1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Jmarck_38

Thanks for your responding to my mail, actually your instruction only leed to password problem, I know my password and my email but I don't have the phone number which I register with and I have tried to call 0203 901 7000 but I couldn't be able to to get through and I m desperate need of that money I m on a journey,

the issue is how can I seat with a new phone number ?, I can't find any answer except about password and email but no answer about the number if any loss or change .....please assist me about resolving the number issue.

Thanks looking forward

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ummat1 

for the mobile number, only paypal can do a few things.
you can't do anything yourself.
if you have difficulty joining paypal, you can do so on twitter and facebook.

paypal is present on both. all you have to do is "send a private message"

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Login to Me Too

camgray
Contributor
Contributor

I live in Europe currently, I'm originally from Canada and will be moving back soon. There is a two-step authentication required for a very old account of mine, in which I'm sure I hold many funds, and I no longer have access to the phone number that it asks me to verify, I've had this issue for a while now, because I haven't had the old phone number for a year now, but I thought enough is enough, I want in on my old account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@camgray 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

my phone nymber no longer exists and i cannot log in Screenshot_95.png

Login to Me Too

Npdm22
New Community Member
I’m having the same issue here!!
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Npdm22 @Anonymous_User 

the answer to your question is present several times on the subject

sim card lost or not, without valid mobile number, you need to contact paypal customer service.

Due to the fact that you do not have access to your old phone number, you will need to contact our telephone support team.

Please go to the PayPal home page and
1. Go to the Contact Us page: https://www.paypal.com - contact us
2. Select Password and account access
3. Select Connection issues

Where

during working days and opening hours

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (Paypal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

Login to Me Too

Temp20220109b
New Community Member

How can I access my old account after changing phone number. I can't log in due to the 2 factor authentication and unable to receive a security code. I've made this account in the hope someone can help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.