Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Didier34 

Re-read the last line in my above post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rowdee1

Heres a thought for you. I retired and now live in Brazil. I dont have my old phone either. Unfortiunately for me, someone has sent money to an old account email and I cannot get to it since I dont have that phone anymore. So, I cannot reset the password. PAYPAL support is absolutely useless. They will do nothing to help. They have my money and I want it. That simple. Your solution is more of a "good luck" Wheres the real help? You are messing with peoples lives and finances. Wanna help? Come up with solutions. Thats called customer service.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rowdee1 

Here's a thought for you, if you can post better advice than I have done then feel free to 'give up your own time' to try and help folks.

I am messing with no ones lives, I just post to try and help folks access their accounts when they are locked out.

To provide a 'solution' and provide customer service I would have to be employed by Paypal wouldn't I...!!

As this is a 'user to user' community forum and not paypal customer services then we provide ADVICE and sometimes that leads to a SOLUTION.

So feel free to provide some instead of being rude to others that try and do so. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Furore80

What if I am in another country and I cannot Call Paypal in the original country???

Why they cannot just send an email?

There are so many two factor autenthication tools all around the web and they are still stuck with the old SMS feature! This is a shame on them!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Furore80 

As paypal accounts are country specific then they advise you to not try and use it internationally.

Then you won't have any issue with the verification.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PuppetMaster000
Contributor
Contributor

Unsure why posts get grouped up. With all due respect are we suppose to read 320 pages of comments for a potential reply? Also, you are forgetting not everyone is from the US, when I go to this section that you mentioned my only option is asking the community. Besides, I don't have issues with old phone numbers, I flat out cannot do anything through the system, when I try the forgot password option it just gives me an error to try again later, no matter the browser, computer or time

Login to Me Too

johnmarkmelitan
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU

Login to Me Too

ruthmcelveen
Contributor
Contributor
i called them and i removed my old number but now i can’t add my new one and can’t get into my account
Login to Me Too

Chelsea93lr
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, what happens if you can’t contact them via phone? Is there another way at all? Thanks
Login to Me Too

1Woodpecker1

They never answer the phone though

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.