Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

pk2000
Contributor
Contributor

How much will cost my the call? I am in eastern europe.   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pk2000 

No idea !!!?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pk2000
Contributor
Contributor

It's a shame paypal cannot implement a simpler method for fixing this.

Login to Me Too

_pmj
Contributor
Contributor

My parents have a very old PayPal account that I'm helping them access.  They have the user name and the password but because the account hasn't been accessed for years, it triggers the security prompt verification.  This is set to very old telephone numbers which no longer work which makes it impossible to complete the verification in order to get into the account.

What is the process to reset or remove these numbers?  There doesn't appear to be a way past that verification stage.

Login to Me Too

Wildstylez1
Contributor
Contributor
I have the exact same problem now i no longer have access to the numbers that was used and can not access either accounts email or paypal! I hope for a resolution on this soon.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_pmj 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aleksej13
New Community Member
Dear, I can't report because I changed my phone number and now he sends me a code by e-mail and then he asks me for a code from a phone number that no longer exists, what can I do
Login to Me Too

felizz
New Community Member

Hello I forgetten my password, now i created new password and i have receive a text message to confirm that it's really me. But problem is that i changed my phone number so can i do something about it?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@felizz 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jss1729
New Community Member

I don't receive the texts for the one-time login codes.. (It's a new phone, but all other texts from all other parties, are coming through just fine)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.