Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ANAYAHLEE 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

millionarefadi
New Community Member

Hello Paypal team, thank you for creating a worldwide payment plan for us, I have an issue with my paypal account, and I would like you to help me fix the problem please! I am unable to login in my account because my local phone verification number that I am using to receive two verification codes was lost and my local network provider recycled my number and gave it to another user. Please I need you to help me change my number so I may be able to access my funds. I have created this account so I may reach out to you via the community help center! I need help please...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@millionarefadi 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

saaandor
New Community Member

Hi this option asks security questions but i did not setup any when i have been set up two months ago. So my username and password would be accepted if i had my phone , what can i do without a phone and security questions? To be honest i have another paypal account with ANOTHER emailaddress  and PHONE NUMBER in my own name. So both account are in same name and the customer service dont understand what i dont understand. There is a transaction i made and i would like to refund it to my first account. Many thanks for your kind help. 

Login to Me Too

artemis8
New Community Member

Can you help? I cannot access my PAYPAL account because I no longer have the mobile number, therefore cannot get passed the account security to change it!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@artemis8 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jphhi
New Community Member

Incorrect phone number on my account. I cannot login as text messages and what’s app messages do not come through to confirm account so I cannot authenticate.    Going nuts…….help please please please.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jphhi 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pk2000
Contributor
Contributor

Last time i used my paypal account was few months ago. Today i tried to login, but it tried to send verification code to phone number i don't use any more. How to solve this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pk2000 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.