Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

AlanHarris
New Community Member

I am unable to make any payments using Paypal. IN trying to do so, it sends me a four digit authenticaton code, but the phone never rings to confirm this, Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

garycant
New Community Member

I cannot access my PayPal account because they want to verify who I am.

They are sending an authorization code to my mobile which I no longer have (Binned).

I request they send the code to my landline phone but I never receive that call, so I'm locked out of my account.

There seems no 'chat now' facility. I'm going round in circles, can anyone help? 

Login to Me Too

arjay15
New Community Member

Please help me my SIM card was lost I can't log in my account can't receive for my lost SIM card

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@arjay15 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Laihiala
New Community Member

I get this message and i cant access to my account. Password is good, everything is fine, just it is impossible to login.

I looked on google and it seems like there is no solution for this. Is this true? I have money on my account. Its like they are doubting its me but i get no chance to prove it. Facebook support didnt helped me.

Did anyone ever solved this?

Thank you! Regards from Serbia, Angela

Login to Me Too

Angle3
New Community Member

Paypal is now asking me for a new code each time I log in. Is this a new procedure, its annoying.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angle3 

Yep you get text a code on log in as part of paypals new security system.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TPeterPorter
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have a mobile phone. Paypal won't let me login without one. The option to get a call on the mobile phone request splash page doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TPeterPorter 

You would need to add one once you have regained access as that is what paypal are using for log in security at the moment.

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TPeterPorter
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did that. The robot on the other end had no solution for this dilemma, and after doing my best to confuse the heck out of it, it finally connected me to a live agent. Who verified that I am who I claim to be, and said she was sorry for the inconvenience, and that she'd send a ticket to tech support who would get back to me. She denied the ability to give me a time frame for that.

It's just super frustrating to not be able to read my monthly statement any longer, because the option of skipping the "add mobile number" requirement has been removed from the login page. And still, the option to get a call back code is greyed out. I am effectively shut out of PayPal.

But thanks anyway for trying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.