Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

mckeetexas
New Community Member

Trying to update my phone number. Haven't used the old number they ask for in 8 years. Won't let you log in to website to change it. The phone hotline refused to process the request and hung up on me. Is there a solution?

Login to Me Too

TomislavEP
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem - I can't pass the verification due to an invalid phone number.  I'm trying to find a way to send an email or message to customer support, but this seems impossible if you can't log in (at least for me).  I don't use social networks and I'm reluctant to use a phone number due to possible costs. Really don't know what else to try...

Login to Me Too

Queenshay1984
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I'm Shay you go your account push the button said edited my information
Login to Me Too

Queenshay1984
Contributor
Contributor
Hi my name is shay you say you trying to change your old number into your new number well you will have to go back into your account and press account information
Login to Me Too

Steamer1982
Contributor
Contributor

hi all, what sort of **bleep** is paypal!! ive got money in my account but cant access it as they want to sent a verification code to an old number, but cant change my number as I cant log in ! so they want to ring me ,but cant its my old number, so long in , I cant cause they need verification ,so they want to send a text, but cant cause the number not in **bleep**ing use anymore!!!! god they don't make it easy!!! can anyone help me??? its my money not theirs!! absolute **bleep**!!! not happy!

Login to Me Too

ivanrylka
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem...
What can I do if I no longer have my old phone number to verify logging in in two steps verification ? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivanrylka 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ivanrylka
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the advice! Helpdesk really helped and updated my phone number in 1 min : ) 

Login to Me Too

Didier34
New Community Member
You need to be logged in to have this « feature » to contact you… help. I changed phone number and cannot login
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.