Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
Queenshay1984
Contributor
Hi my name is shay you say you trying to change your old number into your new number well you will have to go back into your account and press account information

Options
Go to solution
Steamer1982
Contributor

hi all, what sort of **bleep** is paypal!! ive got money in my account but cant access it as they want to sent a verification code to an old number, but cant change my number as I cant log in ! so they want to ring me ,but cant its my old number, so long in , I cant cause they need verification ,so they want to send a text, but cant cause the number not in **bleep**ing use anymore!!!! god they don't make it easy!!! can anyone help me??? its my money not theirs!! absolute **bleep**!!! not happy!

Options
Go to solution
ivanrylka
Contributor

Same problem...
What can I do if I no longer have my old phone number to verify logging in in two steps verification ? 

Solved

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@ivanrylka 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Options
Go to solution
ivanrylka
Contributor

Thank you so much for the advice! Helpdesk really helped and updated my phone number in 1 min : ) 

Options
Go to solution
Didier34
New Community Member
You need to be logged in to have this « feature » to contact you… help. I changed phone number and cannot login

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Didier34 

Re-read the last line in my above post.

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Go to solution
Rowdee1

Heres a thought for you. I retired and now live in Brazil. I dont have my old phone either. Unfortiunately for me, someone has sent money to an old account email and I cannot get to it since I dont have that phone anymore. So, I cannot reset the password. PAYPAL support is absolutely useless. They will do nothing to help. They have my money and I want it. That simple. Your solution is more of a "good luck" Wheres the real help? You are messing with peoples lives and finances. Wanna help? Come up with solutions. Thats called customer service.

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Rowdee1 

Here's a thought for you, if you can post better advice than I have done then feel free to 'give up your own time' to try and help folks.

I am messing with no ones lives, I just post to try and help folks access their accounts when they are locked out.

To provide a 'solution' and provide customer service I would have to be employed by Paypal wouldn't I...!!

As this is a 'user to user' community forum and not paypal customer services then we provide ADVICE and sometimes that leads to a SOLUTION.

So feel free to provide some instead of being rude to others that try and do so. 

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Go to solution
Furore80

What if I am in another country and I cannot Call Paypal in the original country???

Why they cannot just send an email?

There are so many two factor autenthication tools all around the web and they are still stuck with the old SMS feature! This is a shame on them!

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.