Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

KBEACHUS
Contributor
Contributor
I no longer have a mobile phone. Old phone number still attached to paypal log in. How do I access my account?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @KBEACHUS,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to know that you're unable to access your PayPal account. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to log in to your PayPal account without a mobile phone number attached to your account. The best way to resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

Best wishes,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

spud-the-mud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

How can I change an out of date telephone number? When I login, I have  to do the PSD2 routine, which I cannot do, as the phone number is wrong. Every time I try update the number, following the links from "Find out more" by the Login page, I end up at a page saying Login and then asking for the PSD2 routine.

Catch 22!

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spud-the-mud 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mortockins
New Community Member

Hello, 
I've a problem. I can't conect to my account cause I think years ago, when I was in UK, i have chosen UK country and UK phone number.  After that, when I came back to Lithuania I've changed my number (where I bought in Lithuania) and I cant log in, cause of PSD2 authentification. When I try to log in, they ask for PSD2, to call or to text me to my phone Lithuanian phone number, but ofcourse I dont get any call.  I think, in my account its shown that my phone number start in +44, not +370.... What should I do? Please, waiting for your answers.

Login to Me Too

milanjoe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I can't log in to my account because my number has been turned off, so please send me a verification code by email  or my new number <removed>  THANKS

Login to Me Too

ML2021
Contributor
Contributor

I lost my old number i want to access my account but it’s impossible without changing my number Please help me change my number so i can have access to it

Login to Me Too

johnmarapostol
New Community Member
cellphone lost
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@johnmarapostol 

@ML2021 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gbanchio
Contributor
Contributor

I called them, but it is almost impossible to get to a human response...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.