Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Peny_Gian
Contributor
Contributor

Phone doesn't work anymore.. so i think than a have to make a new account and lost everything.

Login to Me Too

Spike1306
New Community Member

Hi I cannot log into my paypal account as I have a new mobile number, I have been sent a email with a verification code which I entered but paypal now want to text whats app or call me but its my old number and i cannot change it, please help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spike1306 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wildeonla
New Community Member

How can I log into this idiot service when the phone number I have on file is a work number requiring an extension to reach me now and yet, it wont verify the mobile number Ive had for 23 years to be added to the sign in?

Login to Me Too

robadixon
New Community Member

I have moved countries and now I don't have access to my old phone number to receive the security message/code so I may login. What can I do to regain access to my account?

Login to Me Too

Jimmyd12
New Community Member

Same issue here. Paypal's help says to update phone number but obviously this can't be done without the old phone. Anyone managed to solve this issue?

Login to Me Too

Jellatoe
New Community Member

Same concern. Pls help

Login to Me Too

Toe23

same issue, help

Login to Me Too

Anthony0987
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It's been almost 2 years I can't log in and get my money because I changed my phone number, hence I cannot receive the security code to authenticate myself and log in, after I input the password.

Paypal Belgium doesn't let you contact them through messages if you can't log in with the authentication code received through phone text, and they don't have any telephone number.

Any help?

Thanks,

Anthony

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anthony0987 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.