Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

eh85
New Community Member
Is there a solution for this problem Paypal???? You have my old phonenumber and no other verification options a side from smartphone?! Give us the option to verify by email!
Login to Me Too

Adamleheup
PayPal can you please contact me as you are saying I’ll get charged £9 if I don’t use my account. I can’t login because of this issue!!!!
Login to Me Too

billyboy4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi adam

The only way to get around this. is to set up a new email account I did this setup account with outlook express then you can logon and change your new phone number. that's what i done hope this help's

Login to Me Too

MarkDeu
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to process mobile money payment but I cannot due to Psd2 authentication. Kindly assist.
Login to Me Too

7user
Contributor
Contributor

I also can't log in. Please contact me at my email paypal and explain how to regain access to my money. 

I am traveling and need to get in my account soon. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

bungo333

I also can't login, therefore change my phone number

Login to Me Too

sausage-charlie
New Community Member

Posting a solution I stumbled upon, might might help a few people. 

If you have the paypal app on your phone you might be able to login without the PSD2 phone verification. I was in the same boat as everyone else here seems to have been in. I was trying to login to my PayPal account on my desktop, but kept getting stuck in the PSD2 verification screen as the number I had listed was my old landline number which was cancelled many years ago. However I had the app and had previously enabled the Face ID login option, so when I opened the app it logged me in through that verification. I could then go to my settings on the mobile app and change my phone number to my current one, and are now able to login on desktop as well. 

This hopefully helps someone who is in the same situation I was in, try going through the app to change your phone number if you can.

Login to Me Too

laoderja
Contributor
Contributor

Just want to say that this workaround did the trick for me! I was able to use the PayPal app to login - all I had to do was go through reCaptcha and then I was in, and able to update my mobile phone number and finally log back in via the browser having had a verification code sent to my updated mobile number. Nice one!

Login to Me Too

Oliveurful
Contributor
Contributor

same problem

Login to Me Too

Lacasrac
Contributor
Contributor
What is the solution????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.