Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kamoljonoydinov 

Do you have a U.S mobile phone linked to your Paypal account and do you live in the U.S?

Secondly have you checked with your phone provider that you can accept text from Paypal?

Also please edit your post and remove your personal email address from this worldwide public forum for safety reasons.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kamoljonoydinov
Contributor
Contributor
I entered an uzbekistan phone number, when I saw the uzbekistan phone number option, I did not check any more. There is no problem with my e-mail, after all, I do not share the password, please help me. I registered with the code +998. Money will come to my account, I need to solve this problem. There is an algorithm error, it is registered as +19988, I do not have such a phone, I want to add another number to my account, it is not added, it says we did not give birth to you.
Login to Me Too

Kamoljonoydinov
Contributor
Contributor
@ kernowlass Help me bro
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kamoljonoydinov 

Why are you using a U.S paypal account if you live in Uzbekistan ??? Also I am not a 'bro'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JWC96
New Community Member

I can't log on because the system want a mobile number and I don't have one. Will someone inform PayPal that the have a major problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JWC96 

Sadly you can't use Paypal without a mobile phone now, so once you have regained access add one quickly so this does not happen again.

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MackCalum
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot get Paypal to send me a text/call to finish my 2 factor auth. Numbers listed for a mobile are correct. Get this:

MackCalum_0-1634320697083.png

Reaction when I tell it send me the txt. Waited a day to see if I was a server side error and would clear, clearly it's not. Need to get into my acc. asap. What's gone wrong?

Login to Me Too

hannahinoy
New Community Member

Hi, I lost my phone and when I try logging in to Paypal it's sending the OTP to the lost number. Please let me know how I can retrieve my account. Thank you. I made a new but I still need the previous account to check if I have remaining balance and so that I can still use it because it is connected to my other apps that is used for transferring money.

Login to Me Too

sarahP91
Contributor
Contributor

I can't login to an old account of mine I need to delete. It asks me to roceive a code from a phone number I don't use anymore.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sarahP91 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.