Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Boybaro
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot authenticate my account because my phone number has changed. I don't live in the uk I now live in Canada but I can't access my PayPal, can anyone help ?
Login to Me Too

Jazmin-Butter
Contributor
Contributor
I'm Having the same problem. Sorry I can't help but would like to know the answer
Login to Me Too

Netherman
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, i cant access to my paypal account (i have mail and password) because when i log in it asks me for a code sent to phone, but i dont own that phone anymore, so basically how can i recover my account with security answer or something? because it only ask me for the phone code and nothing more, anyways all i need from that old account its my "vendor id" because i need it to verify my account in a site which is not paypal, how can i get that if i cant access my account? sorry for my english and thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

fogradyie
New Community Member

I am unable to sign in fully to my account, as my Mobile number has changed and I am unable to receive sms or call

Login to Me Too

Anna-23
Contributor
Contributor
My PayPal has the wrong phone number attracted to it so I can’t login to receive my payments- how do I change the phone number please
Login to Me Too

Saleem8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

So I have a strange situation.

I have used an expired sim card so I can no longer access it and therefore cannot pass the SIM authentication when I am logging into paypal.

I called paypal to try and have it changed but they asked me for the last 4 digits of my card, and I used a prepaid card, so I do not have access to this.

It has been years since I used this account and when I last used it , I had incurred some sales and paypal put my account on a 180 day ban.

I have funds in the paypal account but cannot access them 😞

Can someone please please make any suggestions as to how I may go about recovering my funds or the account.

Login to Me Too

Dalr01
New Community Member
I forgot my password and I want to change it but I change my phone number so I can’t reset my password because it only gives me the option to send a code to that number, and it doesn’t give the option to do it with my email.
Login to Me Too

jusstt
Contributor
Contributor

Lukas It doesnt work anymore. If I want to change paypal settings it asks for 2nd verification and its with old number...
I dont know what else to do. I can call to USA - it says that number is wrong, can not chat because you need to log in ... I tried to pay with paypal and just login without confirming payment it also didnt work..
HELP! someone who knows

Login to Me Too

kirstenalisha1
New Community Member

ive been locked out my account. its got my old phone number on it and i cant login to change it because it needs to ring text ect to prove its me. please can somebody help. thankyou 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kirstenalisha1 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.