Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Johntribes1
New Community Member
Johntribes1
Login to Me Too

danniesc
Contributor
Contributor
I have a new phone number but my PayPal account has my previous mobile number that PayPal system uses to send the code but this number does not exist anymore. How do I change my old number with the new number?
Login to Me Too

JoannaWilgocka
Contributor
Contributor

We use a paypal account at work. We have added several users and several email addresses, but when there is authorization (PSD2) then sms can be ordered only to the phone number of one person. When this person is on vacation we have no way to make payments. How to deal with this?

Login to Me Too

Sabstu92
Contributor
Contributor

Stopped using my old number and got a new one and now i cant log in to my paypal account.
Seems there is no solution...

Login to Me Too

shohag99
New Community Member

I have paypal Account. This account two step verification on.Unfortunately my phone lost now i can't log in my account.when i log in my account then see send code this phn number?

Login to Me Too

Theking88np4
Contributor
Contributor

My Gmail account or Nike name account The king <Removed>g king bed <Removed> g account support

Login to Me Too

Theking88np4
Contributor
Contributor
I phone 12pro max PayPal account support
Login to Me Too

Dean109
New Community Member

Hi there, I tried to log in to the account to change my phone number but need a verification code to be sent to my phone which I no longer have ...hence me wanting to update the number.How can I access the account ? I still need to log in to contact them about it and I cant log in without the phone verification. Circular madness !

Login to Me Too

Anndixo
New Community Member

I can't get on my PayPal because my number as changed 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anndixo 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.