Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Grendelprimex
New Community Member

Because Paypal is an American and International site and I'm an anglphone. And the system is automatically routing my questions to france because of geolocation.  If you can't help don't say anything.

Login to Me Too

belle56
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

i do have the same problem, try almost everyday to write, very bad commercial communication don't you think?

Login to Me Too

candys123

Hi, I just changed my phone number and therefore wanted to change it in my paypal, however I can´t login because I need authentication from the old number, which I don´t have access anymore.

Login to Me Too

Bushy68
New Community Member
Hi did you find a solution?
Login to Me Too

NeilCroix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bushy68 

Try downloading the app and changing the phone number via settings OR using the forgotten password option.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NeilCroix
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Kernowlass

I tried downloading the app but had the same problem. It wanted the old phone number.

Can't raise them on the phone, and there's no live chat, so have tried the PayPal and Facebook options. (They are so hard to reach. I don't understand why, at a time when so many people are working from home, they can't empty a few people to take calls or chat?)

Thanks for your help so far.

Login to Me Too

abcd13
Contributor
Contributor

STOP POSTING THIS! IT DOESN'T HELP! TRIED ALL OF THE ABOVE AND NOTHING WORKS! OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS EITHER!

Login to Me Too

Dodobirdhjhljhl
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to solve it:

-Create another account (new one)

-Contact Paypal and say you can't login for the other account.

-Write the email of the account you cant log in to and the new phone number.

-Wait for them to change it.

DONE

You are welcome lads!

Login to Me Too

NeilCroix
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I am completely logged out from customer support and from re-setting my primary phone. Any solutions so far?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.