Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eve_ev-eva 

Try contacting PayPal on facebook or Twitter.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MrStuB
New Community Member

Hi there,

It’s been a while since I used my PayPal account and I have tried to log in but keep getting the “Authentication Required” message which is linked to an old phone number I haven’t had in a while, I can’t seem to get past this point or even get into my account to chance the phone details.

any help or advice would be appreciated 

thanks 

Stu 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrStuB 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JAY1967r
New Community Member
Reset my password but can’t access account because Don’t have access to the phone for 2 step verification
Login to Me Too

Bradliv83
Unable to login or contact PayPal due to different phone number
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bradliv83 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ste1981
New Community Member
Hi tried this just go round in circles with robot
Login to Me Too

PurpleDragon7
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have a mobile phone. Can't get into my account. I had the confirmation code sent to my landline, but when I press the code numbers they are not accepted. Can I confirm my account through email verification?  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PurpleDragon7 

You need to have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account.
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

To get access and add one...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mobilemadness
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass. I will call Paypal on Monday and close my account. Luckily, there's only about $30 in there at the moment. I have no intention of purchasing a mobile phone just to please Paypal. It's sort of like stores which no longer accept cash. Best response to them: Go around and fill you shopping cart high with diverse items then walk out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.