Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,973 REPLIES 4,973

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

If you lost  your cell phone, then change all your passwords on every account you have. If you use Google, all your passwords should be there *if* you synchronized all your devices (even a new phone or computer can be added). I did that with my new PC. Worked great.

Login to Me Too

avaskys33
Contributor
Contributor
Help my change phone number i not cant login
Login to Me Too

MatthewCole
New Community Member

cant log in as my mobile number has changed

Login to Me Too

Dominik545
New Community Member

I can't change my phone number now. How can I access my account and change my phone number and email address?

Login to Me Too

bosszepro
New Community Member
The mobile phone number that I used in creating my Paypal account was lost and now I can't open my paypal due to security reasons. How to fix this? Please advise me.
Login to Me Too

Cadencekin
Contributor
Contributor
I have access to my email that I have connected with my old PayPal and have even got an email when my friend sent it to my old account and not new one. How would I connect the account I don’t know my password to my old PayPal or this sadly woudnt be a problem. Every time I try to get a password reset code sent to my email they want to send it to a phone number I don’t know. And I tried saying I have access to my email connected to the account
Login to Me Too

jdh_3
New Community Member

I have an account I have not used for many years, it still has my Australian phone number attached to it but I moved to NZ in 2016 and no longer have access to my old AU number. As such I cannot log in due to the need to receive a text message to that number. I only wanted to log in to report suspicious activity (someone has been attempting to reset my password). Any ideas on how I can log in (or an alternative way to report suspicious activity)? I can't ask for support because I have the same problem trying to log in to send a message to support 😞

Login to Me Too

Costa133
Contributor
Contributor
I have wrong mobile number related to my account. How to change mobile number since i can not verify and log in?
Login to Me Too

JennCli
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot log in to my account because PayPal wants to verify my mobile number, but I can see the last 3 digits they have are wrong, but I cannot get the number to change... So I can't receive the verification text to allow me to log in?  Help.

Login to Me Too

eve_ev-eva
Contributor
Contributor

hi guys

No longer havin the phone # to access the paypal account (for sms) how can I change it or who to email, i cant call now, need to access it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.