Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

SJM56
Contributor
Contributor

None of this worked.  I am not on facebook, don’t use twitter.  I rang the number provided but it doesn’t operate if the phone you are using is not registered with paypal.  I went round and round in circles for hours unable to find a way to email or message, none worked.  I only found a solution when I got my phone working, then the contact number accepted my call.  If you can’t sign in because paypal says it doesn’t recognise you and your phone is broken there is no way at all of contacting paypal.

Login to Me Too

Faenira
New Community Member

I want to log in my paypal account. I was prompted OTP for verification, but unfortunately the phone number registered is lost. I can't access my paypal now. I'm stuck in the verification part. I can't change my phone number.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faenira 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aniksiddikabir1
New Community Member
My phone number has been lost. please give me access in my account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aniksiddikabir1 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fqngod
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone!

I have a problem logging into Paypal, I lost my phone and sim a few years back, and someone sent money on my lost PayPal account. Is there a way to fix this? I tried calling Paypal, but the call fee is very high. Is there any way to fix?

Login to Me Too

Ameyah
Contributor
Contributor

I have since December my paypal account locked. 

My phone number is old, the sim card, which had this number was long defunct by the telephone company.

password reset does not work. Let us call u is not an option, since the number doesnt exist anymore.

Send a message to this number, also does not work ...

I wrote on twitter already, the guy said there, that i should call paypal.

Who ever came up with that regulation is an A-hole. Its BS, im using paypal over 13 years now, i never had a problem with a stolen account.

How can i fix this now? Calling paypal costs quite a lot, due me only having a mobile phone.

Login to Me Too

bessinabout
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to log in to my Paypal account but everything I try tells me I need to verify using my mobile. Issue is, the phone number on my PayPal account no longer exists. 

I have looked through other posts here and tried multiple things including:
- Attempting to login multiple times and clearing cookies and cache each time. 

- Trying different browsers to login, I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and PayPal asked for mobile verification on each browser.

- Contacting PayPal through Twitter and Facebook, with no replies. 

I can't access the 'contact us' page via the PayPal website as it requires me to login. 
I am totally stuck. I need to access my account OR at least be able to get through to customer service but I can't. 

How do I go about this without access to my previous phone number?? 

Login to Me Too

JilldeZoete
New Community Member

I cannot log into my PayPal account because it wants to send a code to my old phone number and I can't log ion to my account to change my phone number because it wants to send a code to my old phone number

Login to Me Too

JilldeZoete
New Community Member

How can I log in to my account if my phone number is my old number so can't get a code

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.