Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

llizzie
Contributor
Contributor

How does that work now that Britain has left the EU?  You cannot impose EU rules on Great Britain, because we are not member of the EU.  Do you get away with that for American and African users?

Also, what about the Disability Discrimination Act, the Human Rights Act?  The Disability Discrimination Act lists several types of disability, including my neurological disability which means I cannot use a mobile phone (I have problems changing the TV channel with 3 numbers) and states that we are entitled to the same access to goods and services as ordinary folk who are not disabled, even if that means companies and organisations have to go out of their way to make it happen.

How can I keep my independence and my Human Rights to goods and services if I cannot log into my pay pal account easily?

Login to Me Too

llizzie
Contributor
Contributor

Look up the Disability Discrimination Act and the Human Rights Act in British justice which gives disabled people the right to goods and services enjoyed by everyone, even if organisations have to go out of their way to ensure we get availability to goods and services.

Login to Me Too

kasembe
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Rachael 

for me i have a phone number that is not more in use and i can't logon to my account to change it and i have tried to call the numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]several times and no answer.

how to now?

regards,

Kasem,   

Login to Me Too

leblackrabbit
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has joined the ranks with Google making cell phones mandatory. Fricken thiefs and manipulators. They have my money locked in and I have no way to enter and transfer it. Damn thiefs.

Login to Me Too

BCreation

What a crock of crap. This has always been an internet based company. So you are going to just let all these people who have had accounts for years go? This is discrimination against the poor. Paypal has verified people for decades w/o cell phones. This is straight up a marketing ploy. Interestingly enough, last month I got an email (gasp) saying since they recognized the device (a computer!) I was using, I didn't need to use my password. I called and the woman faith said she could cancel my account, but could not forward me to a manager.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

This is an absurd requirement - Cell phones are *terrible* security anyways.  Not everyone has one, not everyone is going to give it to you.

Login to Me Too

Mcomi1
Contributor
Contributor

Which means that if I had money there, it is now lost without warning when the account itself was created? Is it fair and is there any law for it?

Login to Me Too

Jay353
Contributor
Contributor

So buy me a phone and I'll use it. Simple..........

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jay353 

Buy a cheap pay as you go phone, cheap as anything and would do the job.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jay353
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry. The benefit isn't worth the hassle! I have other options that don't require me to "jump through the hoops" to use. If and when I have been able to establish a phone connection to a live support person, over half the time I can't understand them, anyway. Then they rub salt in the wound by asking questions that, if answered, validate some data miners list. I'm not playing that game! As I can't even close / cancel my account, I guess paypal can continue to carry a non-revenue generating "customer" on the books..........

paypal used to be a useful tool. No mas. Bye.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.