Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Sunshine114
Contributor
Contributor

I am fuming at the poor customer service at Paypal so much so that if this issue isn't resolved I will be moving all my payment solutions to Strike!

If it isn't bad enough we now have this stupid authentication phone call request every time we try to login, it now doesn't even work!

I am trying to go in to edit my payment method as my card is expiring soon. I have tried loads of times and the system calls my phone and then nothing. No call and no alternative method to try to authenticate. Here's the joke, you have to log in to your account to add an alternative method. Well how are we supposed to do this Paypal? Explain that with your stupid authenticate system that doesn't work. 

Now the worse bit is the appear completely uncontactable - no email, no nothing and apparently a random chat option that occasionally appears. 

SORT THIS OUT PAYPAL OR YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS!!! 

Can someone from PayPal tell me/help me get in to my account please? 

Login to Me Too

Innere
New Community Member
Same here. Tried to log in, receive window to enter the code sent to my phone. No code, resend doesn't help. No other autentication options.
Login to Me Too

Nicole6661
Contributor
Contributor
My phone was lost and i can't confirm my account and now i can't open it what would i do?
Login to Me Too

jmilby
Contributor
Contributor

Found out you don't need to use a cell phone, you call use a landline number.  When you list your landline number they will call that number with the code for you to login.  Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Sunshine114
Contributor
Contributor

I am using my landline and it doesn't work. The problem is with their authentication system. 

Login to Me Too

jmilby
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry it not working for you.

Login to Me Too

rondon02
New Community Member

How do I log in to my account as the mobile number is wrong and there is no other option. Also once in I want to remove my mobile number

Login to Me Too

Sunshine114
Contributor
Contributor

SO I finally managed to get this sorted. 

Just to be clear, my problem was that I had my landline listed (not mobile) and from speaking with the PayPal team many of the landline phone providers are blocking the messages being delivered. 

To get around my problem I finally found a freephone number for PayPal support. You have to go around the houses a bit with the automated 'press 1 if you want this', 'press 2 if you want that'. Persevere to the end where it then asks if you want the main menu, you will then get a chance to speak to a team member. 

The number I called is for UK customers only and is Freephone (but only from a landline): <Removed> you will need to find the freephone number for your country. If you don't have a landline to call from then maybe ask a family member or neighbour if you can use theirs.

You will need to provide a mobile number (there is no way of getting away from this unfortunately) and they will manually add it to your account and whilst on the phone, will send you a code to test. 

Now you should be able to log in to your account.

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

OksanaRa
New Community Member
I lost the access to the nymber i have connected to my PayPal.How can I change the number,becauseall the time when i logging in,PayPal requires the phne number text or call.I changed the number.  Can I get in by using my bank account and app?Can I get in by using my bank account and app?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OksanaRa 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.