Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Shannonyuen
New Community Member
I can not get my.login to except my phone number
Login to Me Too

Mackc
New Community Member
I lost my phone and the phone number. I can't verify code sent to the number
Login to Me Too

Temp20210723A
New Community Member

usually will let you utilize the email on file as well. i had to switch mine too and was able to verify to do so via email when my number was no longer in use

Login to Me Too

DraganN1
New Community Member
Hi to all. I have a problem,i try to login on Paypal and i enter my mail,then i enter my password,but next step is to verify me and then next step is to Paypal send me text message on my phone number,and there is my problem. I dont have that number anymore and i dont know how to fix that problem.Now i use new mobile phone number and i dont have the old number. There is button TRY ANOTHER WAY,but when i click on that it back me again to resend code to that old number. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Please help me if you know. Greetings from Serbia
Login to Me Too

Colin901
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t log in with having a new number any help appreciated
Login to Me Too

george248
Contributor
Contributor

I want Change Mobile Number

my new mobile no <Removed>

Login to Me Too

sharpmel
New Community Member

Hi I desperately need to speak to someone in customer services and I cant get through to them. My account is locked to an old mobile number and I need to access it and for me to prove log-in it wants to send the verification text to my old mobile number. And for me to get through to customer services, its through an old mobile number also!! Please help 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colin901 

@sharpmel 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bulentvat
Contributor
Contributor

1. My phone Number has been updated by your phone customer service and i Lost my Access to my account.

2. I am not abla to login to contact them via live chat.

3. I have send email to 3 different office and no response.

4. You have a bot on Facebook messanger, totally waste of time. One of your customer service replied back after 2 hours and told me that i have to call PayPal because they made a mistake. The told me that hey cannot do anything if i dont call them again.

Twitter is another joke. Not even respond.

My problem is Crystal clear. One of your Agent changed my registered phone Number and i Lost my Access. I cannot call PayPal for 1 your again. I am in Turkey and it costs me. You guys made a mistake and take responsibility to fix it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bulentvat 

I can only give you the Paypal contact information, if it doesn't work for you then nothing else I can do about it.

Its not 'my' customer services as just like you I am a forum member and nothing to do with Paypal !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.