Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

UnhappyYetAgain
Contributor
Contributor

This is a nonsense reply to the  issue regarding not having a mobile phone available. I tried all of these REPEATEDLY and only managed to get a response from the chat. The end result was that the agent told me to open a new account and then signed off!!!!!!!

I have my account since 2009 and after 12 years that is what I am told?

Time to look for an alternative.

Login to Me Too

UnhappyYetAgain
Contributor
Contributor

So many queries regarding how to deal with the requirement for a mobile phone number when the user does not have access to one or when their entered number has changed end up pointing to this boilerplate answer.

THESE SUGGESTIONS DO NOT WORK. They DO NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

They suggest contacting PayPal help by phone, chat, IM, Twitter or Facebook. None of these avenues were able to resolve this problem. The closest I came was on a chat when the "Helper" ended up telling me to abandon my old account and start up a new one - after 12 years !!!!. Of course this is no solution since I would have to provide a mobile number for that as well.

Login to Me Too

tauqeerahmad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have set dual authentication and I have an old phone no which is close now. It seems like now there is no way to log in to my account. Can you please tell me what should I do now. ?

Regards, 

Tauqeer. 

Login to Me Too

MilleT12
Hi I’m not able to enter my profile since it is an old mobile number I have connected to my profile and PayPal will only send the 2FC to that number. So I can’t access. Have anyone a solution for this?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MilleT12 

Read the post 2 above yours !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

csabikaa10
Contributor
Contributor
Hi i have problem , i can not use my account because i have a new telephone number, i can not login to my account
Login to Me Too

Gomes11
New Community Member
I want make update in my contact number I want to log into my account but I can't because it asks to check my phone number but as I no longer live on my previous phone I can't do the update
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gomes11 

You have a Portugese paypal account but your title is UK so........

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KevinRelfordJr
New Community Member
I nust logged into my account and saw a redemption of $5 dollars. I claimed it, tried to add my card since it was my first time using it, and then it asks for confirmation. I go and try to confirm, but the phone number is one that I don't use anymore. I then try to use a new phone number, when I enter it, it says that it's not supported even though it has literally been the same number ever since I got my phone. I then call call it a day and close the app. Turns out the next day I can't even get back into my account. I login, but then it asks for verification before I can do anything, which basically locks me out because i cant add my number.
Login to Me Too

pacific222
New Community Member

I have spent some time without logging into my paypal. I recently tried accessing my account but the system now uses two factor authentication and i no longer have the phone number that was registered to my account. Any help on how i can access my account will be welcomed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.