george248
Contributor

I want Change Mobile Number

my new mobile no <Removed>

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
sharpmel
New Community Member

Hi I desperately need to speak to someone in customer services and I cant get through to them. My account is locked to an old mobile number and I need to access it and for me to prove log-in it wants to send the verification text to my old mobile number. And for me to get through to customer services, its through an old mobile number also!! Please help 

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Colin901 

@sharpmel 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
bulentvat
Contributor

1. My phone Number has been updated by your phone customer service and i Lost my Access to my account.

2. I am not abla to login to contact them via live chat.

3. I have send email to 3 different office and no response.

4. You have a bot on Facebook messanger, totally waste of time. One of your customer service replied back after 2 hours and told me that i have to call PayPal because they made a mistake. The told me that hey cannot do anything if i dont call them again.

Twitter is another joke. Not even respond.

My problem is Crystal clear. One of your Agent changed my registered phone Number and i Lost my Access. I cannot call PayPal for 1 your again. I am in Turkey and it costs me. You guys made a mistake and take responsibility to fix it. 

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@bulentvat 

I can only give you the Paypal contact information, if it doesn't work for you then nothing else I can do about it.

Its not 'my' customer services as just like you I am a forum member and nothing to do with Paypal !!

Advice is voluntary.

Options
UnhappyYetAgain
Contributor

This is a nonsense reply to the  issue regarding not having a mobile phone available. I tried all of these REPEATEDLY and only managed to get a response from the chat. The end result was that the agent told me to open a new account and then signed off!!!!!!!

I have my account since 2009 and after 12 years that is what I am told?

Time to look for an alternative.

Options
UnhappyYetAgain
Contributor

So many queries regarding how to deal with the requirement for a mobile phone number when the user does not have access to one or when their entered number has changed end up pointing to this boilerplate answer.

THESE SUGGESTIONS DO NOT WORK. They DO NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

They suggest contacting PayPal help by phone, chat, IM, Twitter or Facebook. None of these avenues were able to resolve this problem. The closest I came was on a chat when the "Helper" ended up telling me to abandon my old account and start up a new one - after 12 years !!!!. Of course this is no solution since I would have to provide a mobile number for that as well.

Options
tauqeerahmad
Contributor

Hi, 

I have set dual authentication and I have an old phone no which is close now. It seems like now there is no way to log in to my account. Can you please tell me what should I do now. ?

Regards, 

Tauqeer. 

Options
MilleT12
Hi I’m not able to enter my profile since it is an old mobile number I have connected to my profile and PayPal will only send the 2FC to that number. So I can’t access. Have anyone a solution for this?

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@MilleT12 

Read the post 2 above yours !!!

Advice is voluntary.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.