Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hannah3981 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alesada11409
Contributor
Contributor
I list my phone and cant login in in secnd phone
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @alesada11409

Sorry to hear of the trouble. 

I'm not sure I fully understand. Are you having troubles logging into your account? Are you looking to update a phone number on your account? 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

alesada11409
Contributor
Contributor
When I want to log in to my account, I am asked for verification over the phone, but I no longer have that number and cannot receive the code
Login to Me Too

Emmascudamore
New Community Member
Hi I cannot log in. as my old overseas number is in my contact details. I need a code sent to it to verify I am who I say I am. How do I log in without this??? My old number is not in use but I can’t even access my account to change any phone number or contact details. Any ideas?
Login to Me Too

arielulus
New Community Member

I recently made a new business account and accidentally autofilled the wrong phone number, I managed to call and through the automated system I had the wrong phone number removed and the new one added. problem is, it still hasn't changed on my account? I can't log in because it needs to be authenticated, and the authentication gets sent to the defunct phone number. how long does it usually take to change?

Login to Me Too

Mitzimagic
New Community Member

Hi!

I lost my phone so I can't access my account. That’s why I made a new one, but I want to access the old one too.
Can I switch to email or sms authentication?
Account email address: <removed>
Thank you in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Mitzimagic

Sorry to hear you lost your phone. 

Pease reach out to our customer support team. They can help out. 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ImPlunja
New Community Member

I cant get back to my paypal as I have forgotten the password and the only 2 ways it keeps telling is through a phone verification that I no longer have but I can verify it through my email but they never show that as an option so how could I fix this issue as I really need to reset the password

Login to Me Too

Sdfitgirl
New Community Member
I'm spending a few months in Spain so I have a local number. Since I have a new phone too, PayPau needs to verify it's me. I answered the questions, etc. but now they ask me to enter a phone number. When I try to add the local one it won't let me and says the format is incorrect (a Spanish number, not American). I can't use the account because I can't verify it's me... what can I do? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.