Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Raf2899
Contributor
Contributor
i Have changed my phone number and i will like to update it as i cannot use the application of pay pal
Login to Me Too

anitap123
New Community Member

i lost my phone and cannot access paypal as they want to send txt to the phone number i supplied (lost one), cannot get on to add new one either when i save enough to get one , any advice ?

Login to Me Too

Cvmartin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I hate problem to logg in. I cant pass through the authorizacion, because i change my phone number
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cvmartin 

@SaintDH 

@anitap123 

@Raf2899 

@Ovitosa 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eleanor211
New Community Member

I can’t get into my old account as it keeps sending an authentication code to an old phone number. How can I get around this ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eleanor211 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

psfilipe
New Community Member

Hi,
I can't access my Paypal account.
There's a confirmation process that is supposed to send me an SMS or call my phone with a code (wich I checked and it's correct) but

the service always seems to fail in sending the code.
Either that or my mobile service is always blocking their call/message.
It's really weird and it's preventing me from accessing my account.
Thank you in advance for any help, really.

<removed> 

Login to Me Too

DebukolaO

I I need help with my account. I haven't used the mobile number linked to my account in a long while neither have I opened it in a couple of years. Tried logging in now and PayPal wants to send a code to the number that I no longer use. How do I correct this. HELP!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Littlemissp
My account has 2 way authentication on and i have changed my number and cant access my account now ad when i sign in it needs to send me a text or call me hellllp please
Login to Me Too

KoKo35
New Community Member
ihave all information to login but iam forgot my phone and security challange needed what i can do
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.