Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

buraz91
New Community Member

Hello there.I have this problem for more than 3 weeks and I tryed solving it by sending email to paypall but didnt get any answer.

My problem is phone number on my paypall account is my old number and I dont have it anymore and when IM trying to log in paypall ask me to verify my acc by sms or phone call.I hope someone from comunity can help me.

Login to Me Too

blackandwhiteba
Contributor
Contributor

i would like to know why my pay pal account is restricted, i'm not able to talk with a rep. i'm on hold forever so therefore i am sending a message out

Login to Me Too

Stbabas1986
New Community Member
Hello. I have a problem with log in. I have changed my phone number I can't make phone number verification.
Login to Me Too

RedDragon1
Contributor
Contributor
So I want to start using my old PayPal , i have  changed my password, but getting the below message when i try to log in, trouble is the only number they had on file for me was an old Landline which is no longer used any ideas ??
Authentication required
As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you.

Have us call you

We'll show you a code on the next screen. Use it when you get our call.

Home ‪(has my old Landline number and no option for text mobile)

Login to Me Too

Khalidsaeedh
Im trying to get access to my account but its asking to put code sent on my previous number which is not in use- so i am unable to access my account without verification from number. How do i change my number? And get access to account?
Login to Me Too

Ristovskii
New Community Member

I can't login to my account because of the new PSD2, i can't enter it because i dont use the same phone number anymore and i can't recieve any message to enter the account.

Login to Me Too

ED24093
New Community Member
I am having problems logging into PayPal. I was not aware that I had to update my mobile number before the new regulations came into effect. As a result when I try to login the verification code is send to my old phone number, how do I get the login/verification code sent to my new phone number?
Login to Me Too

Duan1
New Community Member

"Authentication required"

"As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you."

Cant connect 'cause I never changed my old phone number. I wish the developers would have been smart enough to at least ask once to confirm the phone number before forcing  an authentication via phone...

I tried to reset my password hoping I could change my number as well, unfortunately I'm still stuck on a wrong phone number authentication.

Any solution?

Login to Me Too

ClaudeWanyne
New Community Member
I'm unable to access my acc anymore. I add ed my new phone number and also change my password and after that, I can't login anymore. Pls help
Login to Me Too

Scoosh
New Community Member
Hi when I try log on it says I need a code and they will send it to my phone number but it’s an old number they have for me , how do I change it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.