Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeltaNumaris 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chris_her
Contributor
Contributor

hi there ia have a problem login in with my main acount (this is second one).
i am trying insert my email and password and says something wrong with my inputs.
iam trying to reset the password with email but always says "something wrong in our end".

its an old acount with bank acounts and cards connected to it.

what should i do 

thanks

Login to Me Too

Huntana
Contributor
Contributor

HOW ON EARTH DO I GET ANY SORT OF HELP???? NO PHONE LINE, NO CHAT NOTHING. 

My phone changed and I have spent like 4 hours already trying to get help trying to log in.

ANYONE????

Login to Me Too

Keithhpgsn1991
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to the circus that is this support. If you find a way please let me know. Someone will paste a list of things to try and none of them will work. 

Login to Me Too

TomislavEP
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe that there isn't a way to send a simple email to PayPal customer support. I've browsed through countless posts about this problem and apparently there was a way to contact them as a guest once. However, the only option I'm offered is to change my password, which doesn't lead me anywhere... I'm even thinking about opening a Twitter account just to contact PayPal about the invalid phone number that doesn't allow me to log in. Though judging from many replies I've read here, this still isn't a guarantee that someone is going to reply. How I long for a simple email contact form...

Login to Me Too

Najmul_
Contributor
Contributor

I recently changed phone number and no longer have my old SIM, but now PayPal is asking for phone verification to a number I don't have. I know all the details of my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Najmul_ 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maxxxxxx
New Community Member

Hello and please help if you can!

I am locked out of my account because I no longer have the phone numbers that are entered for the new double verification requirements. I have been unable to find any way to change the phone number to my current one. I have changed my password, but that only opens the first gate. There seem to be no live customer service people and I imagine this has happened to many people.

Thank you for your assistance!

Maxxxxxx

Login to Me Too

Itsme72
Contributor
Contributor

I lost my phone and now have a new number. I can't log in to change it because paypal want to send an authentication code to my old phone. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

CaH64
New Community Member

I am soooooooo **bleep** off with the PayPal customer service. I am in a total Catch-22. The telephone number against my account is no longer valid, and to do anything like changing password or actually updating the telephone number they insist on calling the non-valid telephone number. I am getting nowhere with this. No telephone support and no emailing possible without logging in. The only thing I want to do is CLOSE MY ACCOUNT !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.