Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

mary781
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot access my account. I did reset my password and still got a message that paypal cannot verify who I am and I need to call them.

I cannot get through to anyone. I tried different phone numbers and all due to corona have no representatives. Any ideas how to proceed?

Login to Me Too

McNulty
Contributor
Contributor

No matter how I try to log in I get stuck in a permanent loop which always ends up on the "Authentication required" page.

It gives me a code and says "Use it when you get our call."

BUT I NEVER GET THE CALL!

GRRRRRR!

Login to Me Too

mary781
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happens to me.

Any suggestions what to do?

Login to Me Too

McNulty
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal support on Twitter. They sent me a contact phone number [removed, phone #s not allowed]. I rang and they sorted it out. I'm in the UK so don't know if that number will work from Greece.

Login to Me Too

mary781
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I will call them too and see if I can sort it out

Login to Me Too

Allenout
Contributor
Contributor

Can you give that phone number again as it has been removed.

Login to Me Too

saahibuul
Contributor
Contributor

I can't sign in without my old phone number but I no longer have it but to change the number I need to sign in tried facebook talk and calling 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saahibuul 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eisenhorn1701
New Community Member
When i set this account up i had a different phone number now to change it or get help i need access to that number which i can't get how can i either change it or get help to change it?
Login to Me Too

Reya1980
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I'm trying to access my account after how many years but im having trouble updating my new contact number I'm going around in circles I just need some assistance please.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.