Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

revruth
New Community Member

I need to change my number but i cant get past the two stage verifying screen as it's my old number they want to send a code too!!!

Login to Me Too

dylan106
New Community Member

my phone is broken that is linked to my account, meaning i cant do anything, any help please im begging?

Login to Me Too

trevg2
New Community Member

Hi there, I can't log in to verification purposes. I can't have a text sent as I have changed my mobile number, and my home phone doesn't 

seem to acknowledge PayPal call, it does not ring.mcan anyone help on this matter?   Thank you 

Login to Me Too

Imperishable
Contributor
Contributor

I just copied this from one of the 43243243 people who has the same problem as i do.

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile.

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

I have tried all and nothing helps,is there anyone here who reads the complaints and tries to help ????Cant believe this...

Login to Me Too

Zeriaph
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same problem tell me if u find a solution 

Login to Me Too

lee187
Contributor
Contributor

how can i contact paypal ive changed my phone number and cannot access my account it just wants to call my old number

Login to Me Too

Kwhite7022
New Community Member

So, i'm locked out of my account and the phone number that I have to use as a security check is a number I don't use anymore. When I put a different one in to use. It tells me that it's a phone number that Paypal can't use. I've tried multiple other numbers from other phones and it won't change at all. What do I do?

Login to Me Too

JohnPhillip

I made this new account a day ago because I don't think I can properly reach PayPal customer support any other way.

I own another, older account linked to an old phone number that has expired. When I try to log in to that account, PayPal would send a verification code to that number, so I can't access that account. Every time I would try to reach out to PayPal customer support about through Facebook or email, they would tell me to call their number, but once I call them they would tell me they "cannot process my inquiry at this time". I can't keep calling them because those calls are not free, they're expensive, and I already spent hundreds of pesos trying to contact them via phone.

I just need to change the phone number on my older account so I can access it again. Please, help.

Login to Me Too

ilesha
Contributor
Contributor
Hello , My problem is that cannot receive my authentication code as both my numbers are non functional. For security I need the third option . How can I access that? I have emailed paypal so many times . No reply as yet. I need to access my account so I change my phone numbers for authenticity. Please Help!! Thank you
Login to Me Too

KC6871

Hello

I have changed my mobile phone number and now cannot log in to my account as I now require a verification code but it is being sent to my old number

How do I access my account to change to my new mobile phone number on settings?I

Thanks

KC6871

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.