Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

pavuk
Contributor
Contributor

log in problem due old to mobile phone number. My old computer is dead. I try to log in on the new device.

Login to Me Too

Tiaas9
Contributor
Contributor

Hii I need help loggin into my account! it asks for authentication code and it sends it to my old mobile number therefore i cant get the code, is they anyway i can change my number i need to log in asap

Login to Me Too

dariasilabrama
New Community Member

Hi. I moved back home so my UK phone number is terminated now. 

How can I login with my new permanent number so I can use my original PayPal registration?

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

ondreatolson
New Community Member
I no longer have access to the phone number associated with my account so i can't long in.
Login to Me Too

Username111111
Contributor
Contributor
So I’m trying verify my account so I can use the QR scan option in stores. It’s saying I need to verify who I am with a number I don’t have access to. Is there a way I can get rid of that number and put a new one? I tried adding a new number from my settings and it’s still asking for the old one? Some help would be awesome!
Login to Me Too

ivelina1117
New Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem with the log in. I use my username and the password but after log in it says that I have to receive a message with code on my phone number.The problem is that I changed my number and I cant log in. And when I can not to log I can not to change it.... So ... What should I do?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Memi2
New Community Member
I did msg paypal through the fb messenger service and was given a phone number to call mon to fri between 8.30 and 6.30. Have tried several times already this morning but with no joy. Get its my fault for not updating but tried every means possible now and is so frustrating as cant get into the account to even change my phone number....Need help and looks like I'm not the only one here!
Login to Me Too

Mila05122019
Contributor
Contributor

Hello please I need some help..

I can not changed my phone number and i can not see my account. I have a new  phone number.

Authentication required

As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you.

Find out more

• Receive a text message

Home ‪09• ••• •360‬
Login to Me Too

Sameer_malik
Contributor
Contributor
Can’t log in with my old number as I don’t have it anymore can’t contact anyone or loving to use PayPal’s messenger any ideas to what to do people I have money stuck in my account
Login to Me Too

kellymead
New Community Member
When I log into my pay pal app I am unable to sign in after the I am not a robot verification I had to change my mobile number and have done so on my account online and now cannot access my account via the app
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.