Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
mnbkgg
Contributor

Fixed at last! I rang PayPal uk support on <removed> which is in Ireland. This is a feature intended to prevent fraud.

Options
Go to solution
kaarlogc
Contributor
Can you please elaborate what did you do while calling that number? Can we use that even if I'm a non-US or UK resident?

Options
Go to solution
mnbkgg
Contributor
Spoke to UK PayPal support. Explained I needed to change my number. They checked my id using my personal details then updated it and waited whilst I checked I could log in. If only I had found this number before. Asking Google gives me an unrecognised number. Good luck people!

Options
Go to solution
de99

Which  number did you call for PayPal support?

Options
Go to solution
basketball3214
New Community Member

im trying to retrieve my paypal account but it has an old phone number on it that i dont have access to. i know the email linked to the account but for some reason paypal is a joke and i cant just receive an email to reset my password. it only gives me one option to reset my password and that is a text to a number i do not have. Also to even access asking the community i had to make a burner paypal and email account. Worried of my money getting taken because paypal sent a text to the number i do not have and im worried of getting my account stolen.

Options
Go to solution
Simux
New Community Member

Same! i dont even have a number. So its literaly imposible to reset my password. 

Options
Go to solution
lusziomalaver55
Contributor
PSD2 FOR MY PAYPAL

Options
Go to solution
ImPlunja
New Community Member

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Options
Go to solution
BS255
Contributor

When I log in it says it needs two factor authentication but only gives my old number which I haven't used for years. 
you'd think it'd let you add your new number at that point but there's no option to do this. I don't have access to that old number. 

how can I log in? They really haven't thought this through at all. 

Options
Go to solution
patricia1944
New Community Member

I have the same trouble I can't log in as I have lost my old phone and have tried to get in touch but still stuck without a paypal account

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.