Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

chilliB
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem today. To fix this, I claimed to forget my password and I just reset my password. I had to receive the reset password through my email. After changing your password, you can then log into your account and you don't have to do the PSD2. Once in, add your current number in your account and set it as the preferred number. Also activate your new number. You can now remove your old number from your account. hope this helps

Login to Me Too

donnan69
New Community Member

Suspect you got lucky as PSD2 isn't always requested.

I changed my password when trying to find a workaround and PSD2 still required.

I can't get around the issue.

Login to Me Too

edman_nl

dOESNT WORK

Login to Me Too

CuteKitty
Contributor
Contributor
Didn't work for me as the PSD2 still comes up
Login to Me Too

joyddg

I just changed password and it’s still asking for my old phone number! Will not let me into change number! 
please help. 

Login to Me Too

odoso

About the workaround with claiming new password;

This didn't work when i went through the Swedish site. Just got back to the validation sh*t.

But it did work when i went through the US site. My account was originally made there so that's perhaps why it worked.

At least it worth a try...

Login to Me Too

Jack1001
Contributor
Contributor
This dosent work
Login to Me Too

LouLouBelle89
Contributor
Contributor
Disnt work for me, i have reset my password and can't get in still
Login to Me Too

Jason582795
New Community Member

CuteKitty
Contributor
Contributor
Nothing works I tried reseting the password and it still comes up I doubt contacting paypal will do anything
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.