Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,973 REPLIES 4,973

WinnieHMR
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I am not able to change my previous phone number which i don't have it anymore. But it is still in my PayPal account . However, whenever I want to change the phone information on the website with my new number it sends a code to my old number. Is there another way to solve this problem?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WinnieHMR 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deychy
Contributor
Contributor

Useless answer

Problem is:

Ehen u try to logon, it demands your phone to werify, AND when u cant login, you CANNOT acces ANY settings where to change settings.

And your facebook is automated rersponse BOT.

Completelly **bleep**

Why cant you put in option to reset damn phone number via email, just like damn password ???

So what can be done, besides creating new account ????

Login to Me Too

mlglow557
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening I am having trouble login in I have change my phone number and everyone I went on to login is asking me to send code on my old number I have just change my number two weeks ago 

Login to Me Too

Stanislav10
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem!

Login to Me Too

Nick205
New Community Member

If I click on help or contact, it asks you to log into your account in order to get help / contact Support. However, as soon as you try to log in you get the same message asking you to confirm the telephone number that is no longer valid. You have no option to say that this number is no longer valid. For sure, the validation of the telephone number should come before sending a code to that number, not the other way around! This is absurd.

I don't have a twitter or facebook account. Why can someone not contact Support or even why is this absurd situation arising?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nick205 

@deychy 

The original poster was in Brunei so limited contact options.

And its not 'my' facebook bot and I am not responsible for the absurd situation.

If you both said what countries you were in I could probably give you more information.

However I have nothing to do with paypal and am a 'user' of this COMMUNITY forum the same as you are.

The only difference being I give up my time to help out on here as there is very little customer services at the moment.

So I tend to give up my time to folks that appreciate my advice rather than are abusive or have a go at me for advice that was not applicable to them or their country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deychy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Were not talking about your faccebook or that u dint tried to help.

It is just this Paypall crap of changing settings of an account.

We appreciate your help man, but it dont work.

Situation is: We cannot change phone number on acount.

Facebook response from paypal:

Due to the corona virus (COVID-19) emergency our customer service staff is limited and we can't transfer you to a customer service agent at this time.

So they are useless on facebook. I dont have twitter, and i dont want to have it. Facebook is MORE than enough tome.

AND i couldent make another paypall acount, since my bank acount is already linked to my originall account.

COMPLETE craap customer suport or settings management on paypal side.

I tried other alternatives, but unfortunatelly, webpage i shop from uses only paypal or credit card.

Since i use debit card, i cannot buy stuff.

Login to Me Too

jelle16616
New Community Member

This is simply useless...
On the facebook chat you get a bot which cant help with account issues. 

You just get referred back to the contact center on the site....

Login to Me Too

AllanCamp90

I agree with these posters. I am locked out of account because of this and there is no way to change it other than somehow I travel back in time to get my lost phone. Completely absurd.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.