Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Jonathan176
Contributor
Contributor
Your not the only one please check this out we all need to take a stand against disability and discrimination against people whom suffer from abuse of the people who are supposed to protect your money, privacy, rights I have something for you please go here and start to fight back!!   Home Topics Laws & Regulations Enforcement Actions Enforcement Actions SHARE THIS PAGE: The OCC may take enforcement actions for violations of laws, rules or regulations, final orders or conditions imposed in writing; unsafe or unsound practices; and for breach of fiduciary duty by institution-affiliated parties (IAPs). We are authorized to take enforcement actions against: National banksFederally chartered savings associations and their subsidiariesFederal branches and agencies of foreign banksIAPs, including officers, directors, employees, controlling stockholders, agents, and certain other individuals
Login to Me Too

Eei2
Contributor
Contributor

Please, stop with the fascist nonsense. PayPal is an American company

Login to Me Too

Joeymasino17
Contributor
Contributor

EwanBrown967
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think you need a mobile number, so you can use a landline but when logging on you just have to select the "Have us call you" option.

Login to Me Too

ChaddWestland1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPals LAND LINE LOG IN does not work at their own admission.

PayPal say they do not know when it will work and refuse to remove it, thus locking thousands out of their accounts.

Also ruining thousands of businesses.

Write to :- 

Complaints Dept

<Removed>

Complaints Dept

<Removed>

Contacted PayPal by phone and message, also email direct to their head office. 

Write to the UK Prime Minister. 

Contacted the BBC. 

The FCA 

The Ombudsman.

Your local MP 

God Bless

Login to Me Too

d_train2002
New Community Member
I don't see the United States (US) in the list of countries that should be concerned. However, I received an email today with no real info about PSD2 in the actual, with links to make sure I have an updated mobile phone # on file. I live in the US, and haven't used PayPal for transactions outside the US for several years. I would understand getting the email if I did have recent transactions with those located within Europe, but all my recent transactions have been with those within the US, or companies within the US. I didn't click on any of the links, being they were asking for personal information, and I will be reporting the email as spoof/phishing. Just wanting to give a head's up.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @d_train2002,

Thank you for your post and thank you for being cautious! If the links in the email were asking you to provide personal information, opting not to provide the info through a link or by email is a safe option for protecting yourself!

If you visit your account by opening a fresh browser window and typing in PayPal.com and there's a prompt to update information, updating it through your account in that way will be the best way to make sure that the information is actually going to PayPal and not to a fraudster.

Thank you for letting us know by forwarding the email to spoof@paypal.com!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

LM70
You cannot update your information I've tried, I want to remove an old cell phone number that I no longer have but I just says contact customer service but there's no one there.
Login to Me Too

jimiblu
Contributor
Contributor

Well my friend it is now Oct 29, and it's no better

Login to Me Too

wigan_number_1
Contributor
Contributor

Nobody can sort this out. I now cannot use eBay at all. Cannot get to my money even. Same useless Customer Services with people who do not understand English. Jumped through all the hoops but still will not let me connect to site.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.