Personal account linked with business bank account.

Monsterpaint
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, wondering if anyone can help out.

1) Is it allowed to link a business bank account to a personal Paypal account (most of my Paypal use is personal, but occasionally I might want to use it for very small business transactions, hence I want to link it also to a newly set up business account)?

2) If it is possible, does anyone know why it doesn't work? I follow the procedure, Add Bank Account, log into my bank in a separate window, it says it has worked and returns to the Paypal site, but then it says 'Verifying details' (or similar) followed by a really helpful, "Something has gone wrong. Try again later."

I did try again later and it made no difference. I also deleted cookies, to the same lack of effect. Both accounts in same name, same bank, not linked elsewhere, etc.

It's worth noting that yesterday I successfully linked my business account to my Ebay account using the same procedure, so my bank is not at fault.

I also searched the forum, by the way, and found another thread with a solution. The solution said only, 'Mystery solved', with 123 upvotes. A mystery in itself.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Monsterpaint
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so I solved the problem by creating a Paypal business account and adding my business bank account to that. It uses a much quicker procedure, only took two minutes, and best of all it worked.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Monsterpaint
Contributor
Contributor

An EDIT to my own post:

When it failed, it added the business account as a record in my account. I tried to do the check, when it credits £0.01, and again, "Something went wrong."

But now, when I go to look at my Business bank account, there's the £0.01!

But I've deleted the account from Paypal now

Login to Me Too
Solved

Monsterpaint
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so I solved the problem by creating a Paypal business account and adding my business bank account to that. It uses a much quicker procedure, only took two minutes, and best of all it worked.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.