Paypal.me Cover Photo Size

RedArnold
New Community Member

Hi there!

I can't find this answer anywhere. What are the dimensions for the cover photo on paypal.me?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Moeez
New Community Member

W: 480

H: 265 will work

Keep your content in the middle

Login to Me Too

JadeCandy1
Contributor
Contributor

Moeez is close but not quite.

The PayPal.me banner is very bizarre with how it fits.  The bottom and sides of it are ALWAYS cut off.  I'm not sure how this can happen.  Hopefully it gets fixed at some point to be sane.

For now I'm using 600 x 331, but only the top centre 480 x 265 shows.

If you use Photoshop, you can create your image at 480 x 265, then change the canvas size (Alt+Ctrl+C) to 600 x 331 while anchored at the top centre.  Just make your background cover the whole thing in case I'm off by a few pixels and that'll look great when you upload.

It's not down to the pixel, but I'm not spending any more time on mine.  I already wasted over 1-2 hours resizing my image and all its elements over and over and over trying to make it look right.  I can't understand how anyone designed this to be so strange.  PayPal, fix this.

Login to Me Too

Headsquirrels
Contributor
Contributor

@JadeCandy1 totally got me on the right track, and I suppose the difference I've experienced might be due to differing screen resolutions, or possibly PayPal changed something since this thread started.

When I followed their lead my header had awful resolution, and the top was still too cut off. What I did was exactly as @JadeCandy1 JadeCandy1 instructed, except I increased the sizes by 200%, and left the graphic centred, rather than aligning it to the top. Looks perfect now.

Login to Me Too

JadeCandy1
Contributor
Contributor

@HeadsquirrelsThat's so strange how it's working.  It doesn't make any sense.  Sorry my way couldn't be any help.  I wonder if PayPal changed it.  I remember testing it out by resizing my window to all different sizes to make sure it would look good on my customer's screens too no matter their setups, so I don't think that would be it.  Bizarre!

Login to Me Too

hm2020
Contributor
Contributor

How come adding a photo is sooo time consuming here...

Login to Me Too

dente1
Contributor
Contributor

Ridiculously inept. The upload preview NEVER matches the final photo. Inconsistent ad frustrating. Take some of the gobs of money you're making, hire a coder and FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!! @#$%&*!

Login to Me Too

fluxmechanics
New Community Member

Just make a 500k by 500k for the profile photo. I've never had an issue.

Login to Me Too

laseramma
Contributor
Contributor

I took a screen shot of the background ( I was struggling to make in AI), saved it as a photo and then uploaded it. It worked perfectly. Before this, I tried resizing all different ways with illustrator and it would not work. Go figure, It says upload "photo" 

Login to Me Too

flowwolf
Contributor
Contributor

*for blurred / pixelated background/header image*

took me a half hour to realize they built it for mobile. upload from paypal app on your phone. login with your paypal.me account, tap @yourprofile, then edit your paypal.me link there. worked first time.

tried everything on desktop, matched exact size of template svg images, no avail. only phone upload works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.