Paypal makes it IMPOSSIBLE to move overseas

Ninefourteener
New Community Member

When it comes to fake garbage Chinese products and couterfeit items, Paypal could care less.. but GOD FORBID you move overseas, they'll lock everything down like Ft. Knox, and then make it IMPOSSIBLE to contact them. I moved to Belgium. I have an APO address, which I've appropriately changed in Paypal. 8 changed it in ebay as well. I even added my physical address in Belgium too. Every time I try to purchase something, from Europe or the US, using either address, it's rejected. I've logged in 2,387,463 times, verified my identity via email, via text, and then even changed my password. Of course, the only way to get help is to get sent another text on a US phone that doesn't have internet, using a special link I can't access. I've answered security questions too... still nothing. The only way is to "call" and spend $2.00 per minute to be stuck on hold for 30 minutes while someone decides they are bored enough to answer the phone. Seriously Paypal? I get it..... you have security measures.... but what good are those security measures if Ive passed EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM 1000 times, and you still lock me down? So you tell me Paypal (without a typical canned response to check the expiration dates on my cards).... what do you need to unlock my account? A **bleep** sample? My severed pinky finger? What? Please tell me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ninefourteener

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ninefourteener

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SarahFF
New Community Member

I moved to the republic of ireland.  9 years ago.  I was just wondering if there is any money in my account and then how to shut it down...or maybe I shouldn't.  for future transfers in the usa perhaps...but would have to open a new bank account...new mobile.  ah hell. maybe not...I only have one email really but I could use gmail as back up...hhhmmm....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.