Paypal keeps sending all my packages to my old address which I removed a year ago

ReginaldHarri
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal keeps sending all my purchases to my old address that I removed and updated a long time ago. I also deleted my old address from the system completely.  made a purchase and it was sent to my old address so I called Paypal and spent a long time on the phone to rectify this situation. I was told my old address was not on the system anymore so it would not happen anymore. Just ordered another item and received a tracking number and delivery address is for my old address. I do not know who lives at my old address but they must be very happy to receive all my goods that are expensive for free!!!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReginaldHarri 

Do you not check your address when you check out via paypal and change it if its wrong?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ReginaldHarri
Contributor
Contributor

I was not given that option, I purchased the computer hardware from the manufacturers website, filled in my name and address and clicked pay with paypal.

Payment went through

A few days later I receive an email update from Paypal saying the tracking number and postage address is going to my old address again. The old address is nowhere to be found on the system. I even called paypal and spoke to an asian lady with poor english and explained the situation a few weeks ago. She told me this would not happen anymore as my old address was not on the system.

I called the courier with the tracking number and they told me it is out for delivery tomorrow to my old address.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReginaldHarri 

When you clicked pay with paypal did you log in or pay as a guest buyer?

If you have used that website before with your old address then sometimes paypal remembers it for you and auto fills it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ReginaldHarri
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure, think i clicked pay with paypal, entered my paypal password and payment was made. I have never used the computer hardware store before.

Login to Me Too

ReginaldHarri
Contributor
Contributor

Now PAYPAL has taken the money from the supplier!! The supplier emailed me to say that he got my order with correct address, then paypal sent him request to change address to my old address and then gave me the money back and took it from the supplier as he sent it to the wrong address. That is completely disgraceful behaviour from Paypal, its your mistake not mine and certainly not the supplier. Outrageous!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReginaldHarri 

Yeah, not my mistake, try contacting customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.