Paypal doesn't ask for password while checking out in a on-line store. Security issue?

SocietyCrumbles
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I am looking for some help regarding my PayPal account.

I noticed that as of couple months ago, PayPal stopped asking for my password in online stores I use often, and some I used for the first time.

I used to be asked for my password while checking out, but now I just check Paypal and the transaction just proceeds without asking me for anything.

Can I change it back so it asks me for a password? I don't feel very safe right now, I just like to be asked.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jameswalter
Contributor
Contributor

Click the cogwheel icon in the top-right corner to open PayPal's settings. Once you're in PayPal's settings, switch to the “Security” tab, then click on “Auto-logins” to review where your account can automatically sign in. In the popup, you can then review where you can automatically login from.

Regards,
J Wick

Login to Me Too

SocietyCrumbles
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see that  in any of my "security" option. I can't find the  “Auto-logins”  option anywhere on my profile.

paypal.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hello @SocietyCrumbles,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

Also, thank you for the help @Jameswalter

@SocietyCrumbles, if you select Edit beside 'Stay logged in for faster purchase' on the screenshot shown above, this should allow you to edit the setting you require! 

I hope this helps. Enjoy your day!

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.