Paypal Captcha in endless loop

sks3
Contributor
Contributor

I have a donate button on my website that links to the url for a hosted PayPal button. When I'm in the Chrome browser, I cannot get past the "I'm nota  robot" recaptcha screen after clicking on the donate button. It keeps flashing. I am not able to enter anything nor escape out. It's an endless loop. If i click on the website's donate button from another browser, it works correctly.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Blurrygil

I had the same issue via Chrome. Figured out my solution:

- Check your Chrome Extensions. This is the usual suspect, but not in my case. My wife had this as her problem and she got it working.
- If your Extensions aren't the problem, then go into your Chrome History and clear (click the checkbox): Browsing History, Cookies & other site data, and Cached images & files. This should do the trick.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

nancyasu93
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue in Google Chrome.  It's been going on since Recaptcha was added to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

sks3
Contributor
Contributor

My issue is also only in Google Chrome. 

Login to Me Too

volauvent
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm having the same problem.  At the moment, I cannot buy anything through my PayPal account because of that loopy loop.  I get the "we're having problems" message and get to view all their page code, out in the open, no need to click 'see page source' in the right click drop down menu.

I can access my PayPal account using my Password Manager (I use TrueKey), but that's it.  So, instead of buying products through my PayPal account, I have to provide my cc number to the seller directly.  Oh joy.

I'm running into site messes all over the place due to the lack of staff needed to keep the show running.  Sort of like trying to film a movie with no one there but the actors.  No script, no makeup, no cameraman, no ...

Login to Me Too

hype8912
New Community Member

Are you using a tab suspender in Chrome? If so add the following URL to the white list of the tab suspender options. https://www.paypal.com/auth/validatecaptcha

Login to Me Too

sks3
Contributor
Contributor

I am not using a tab suspender.

Thank you for replying.

Login to Me Too

herpey
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I had the same issue and it seems it was due to a chrome extension. You may deactivate all your extensions on the page chrome://extensions/  and reload Paypal in a new tab. In my case, it was Grammarly that was causing the issue. 

Login to Me Too

AdamGale
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - amending my Adblocker settings for PayPal has cleared the issue. It is really odd how it only affects some pages and not all.

Login to Me Too

volauvent
Contributor
Contributor

@ hype8912

Thanks for the tip!  I don't know at this point if that will work, but since the tabber I was using doesn't provide at particular option, I simply deleted the app.  It was a lousy tabber anyway - instead of opening a new window and keeping my original window, it took the place of my Chrome browser completely, as in no longer accessible, and didn't even capture all the tabs I had open before doing so.  Sorry, I forgot to grab the name of the app before deleting it.

Login to Me Too

datapunk
New Community Member

I have the same issue not on Chrome, but on Firefox. It doesn't give recaptcha the time to validate and instead reloads immediately,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.