Paypal Business account owner that has no relation with Company?

memfirstllc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I need to open a Paypal Business account, my business is in USA (EIN and US address) but I live as person in Italy.

So Paypal can't allow me to open a business account because it ask about personal SSN and personal US address.

So I am asking to a friend to use his documents and addresses name and SSN to be the owner of the business account.

Is it possible to be him the owner even if he has not any relationship with the LLC( not an employer, not an owner, 0% shares, etc.)?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @memfirstllc

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. 

If you are opening a PayPal business account then you would need a business address as well as a personal address. You can use the business address as your personal address. You will also need an ITIN number as you would not have an SNN number if you are not a resident there. Once you have all of this you should be successful in opening a business account. 

In regard to asking a friend to use their details. I would strongly advise against this as you are basically telling PayPal that this is their business and not yours. It would definitely make things complicated for you. Many people run businesses in other countries so it can be done. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.