PayPal login fails for online purchasing

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal issue logging in… Hi, all of a sudden, in the last several days, I can’t make purchase payments online on (this) my iPhone 11 on the recent 14.6 software. So when a site takes me to PayPal to log in to make payment it will not log in, just keeps trying to load/log in with no success. If I try to login to PayPal online/website in general it’ll not log in either. But ok to log into the App. The app logs in no problem so it’s not an account login issue. If I log in in general on another/different phone, different sim and network provider, (Android phone or Apple phone) to my PayPal account on its browser, it logs in ok. So it’ll log in on any other phone or computer no prob via website/online/browser. I tried it using Firefox browser rather than safari (on my iPhone) and it won’t log in on Firefox either. If I go home and on to my Wi-Fi it all works ok. This means I can’t make any purchases on my iPhone using mobile data basically. I changed my Vodafone sim to another Android phone and it logged in no prob. PayPal, after a phone call, said it’s either the iPhone or Vodafone or both together. If I put the sim into any other device to login to PayPal on mobile data also and it works ok on that phone. It’s very strange! I have mobile data on and on for PayPal. Vodafone said if the data works on everything else then there’s no reason why it shouldn’t to log into PayPal. Apple said if it works swapping over the sims then is not the phone. Have you seen this at all??
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor
Emailed Vodafone and cc in PayPal and Apple. Added this page link.
Login to Me Too

jimmyjomc
Contributor
Contributor
The Vodafone and PayPal email bounced back. Has anyone got them other than the poor chat of Vodafone especially?
Login to Me Too

Falockfaaa32
New Community Member

I have the opposite problem in the last weeks: I can login by sharing my phone 4G network on my computer, but I cannot login to paypal when connected to my home Vodafone cabled or wifi connection.

I am on Safari on both macOs and iOS, the two factors authentication seems to be the problem: I cannot get the SMS/page load when I am on Safari + Vodafone connection. 

It does work if I use Vodafone local connection + Chrome.

Login to Me Too

pkpkpkpkpk
New Community Member

Any luck on resolving this issue yet?

I just came across this issue myself a few days ago. I'm on an iphone 12, I can't access my paypal account either through app or browser when using the Vodafone Mobile network, if I switch to my home Wifi it works. If I switch to another mobile network (Optus) it works! So I think we can safely say Vodafone seems to be the issue. At first I thought it was related to IP blocking but Vodafone uses dynamic IP addresses not static so I've ruled out IP blocking as the issue. It must be something else related to Vodafone and Paypal refusing to shake hands.

At this point I am considering cancelling my Paypal account. I might give it another week to resolve itself and then proceed to cancel my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

macstoll
New Community Member
Same here. And it's clearly the 4G connection on the Vodafone network. I can login when on Wifi, but when on 4G/data, neither on iPhone or iPhone on the latest iOS/iPadOS. As a workaround, I activated VPN because I have a subscription with a VPN provider, and then the login works. So clearly it's a Vodafone network issue in combination with PayPal, although quite weird.
Login to Me Too

Gregachino
New Community Member
This thread helped me immensely, so thank you. Ii it helps anyone, I installed the 1.1.1.1 Cloudflare app and PayPal worked perfectly.
Login to Me Too

Nikos3a
New Community Member

I have the same problem I cannot even email PayPal to ask them directly for help. I tried telephoning them and no dice. Is there any human in PayPal or it is managed by robots only?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.