PayPal blocking me from closing my account

CEF121
New Community Member

For 5 days I've been trying to close my account only to get "pending transaction" every single time.

I've been on hold for 2 hours now trying to talk to someone. I have no recurring payments and my last transaction was 7 days ago. 

I believe Paypal is deliberately trying to keep me from closing my account. Anybody else having this issue? I'm going to contact DOBI and SEC if this continues

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

GalinaD
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying all week too with the same problem

Login to Me Too

temp20221014p
Contributor
Contributor

Start opening resolution cases on every purchase in the last 90 days, should make them act quicker if you're account isn't worth the support required to maintain it . That's what I'm doing 

Login to Me Too

Leggera16
Contributor
Contributor
This has definitely been done recently id guess. I tried removing everything i can and says cant process card deletion and theres a pending transaction. Guess i can phone my bank to block paypal just incase. For now ive set it to only use paypal balance which is zero. I remember once having something like this before and managed to add an old bank card and delete my working one.
Login to Me Too

TaraHall
Contributor
Contributor
On Saturday and Sunday, I was unable to remove credit cards/banking- but, Monday I could. Even if you delete them- PP has updated their policy to claim they can access ALL your info for any purpose they choose even if you close or delete your info. Get out now! Report all this by filing a claim with your and California’s Attorney General, the FTC.gov and TrustPilot.
Login to Me Too

boony865
New Community Member

Same here
Login to Me Too

Same here. It’s so frustrating!
Login to Me Too

GoodbyeBadGuys
Contributor
Contributor

Because their stock is crashing. Right now I imagine they are deciding who their next CEO is going to be and they hope when they do dump the current one, with a generous compensation package of course cause he is just the fall guy, that people will be fooled into believing they really are sorry/not sorry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.