PayPal Mobile App thinks I am offline & won't Connect

Nikita2k
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using the app for several years but just recently I can no longer get into it as it insists I am offline & won't go any further than the screen which says "Connect to the Internet. Please check your network settings" I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling (for which obviously I need to be online) but when the app is reinstalled I just get the same message. It's very frustrating & trying to get technical help from Paypal is even more frustrating. I'm not even sure I am in the right place to get help but I'm hoping someone will see this & know what's going on.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Nikita2k,

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry you're having trouble logging into the PayPal Mobile App. I recommend resetting your network settings on your phone. If you continue to receive the same error message, please contact Customer Support for further investigation. You can reach Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page for further assistance. Support is also available through Facebook private message or Twitter direct message.

I hope you can log in using the App soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Naomidtk
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue and I've tried everything.
Login to Me Too

Nikita2k
Contributor
Contributor

Six months down the line & I still can't access the mobile app. Tech help were completely useless

Login to Me Too

rickinkure

I was having this same problem. I finally turned off my VPN temporarily and it worked fine. No other apps have this problem.  Just turn it back on when you're done. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @rickinkure,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern with this. VPN's are not permitted on PayPal's system I'm afraid. Using them is against our User Agreement. If you continue to use them when logging into PayPal, your account may be limited. 

Going forward I would suggest you do not use a VPN with PayPal anymore. 

Thank you for your understanding!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Peppopst
Contributor
Contributor
Why dat??????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.