PayPal Account Permanently Limited

agalinec1609
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Last night I worked on my online store directly on payment methods and the store asked me to activate my PayPal account (so that customers could pay with this method), I entered the email of my personal account when I clicked on it Shopify asked me to create a business account, I filled all the fields and when I finished it give me a message that "Something was wrong". I checked all the information and it was valid, but it just didn’t want to create the accout. After that I thought that a business account could not be created at the same email address as a personal account,
so I tried to create via another email address and when I filled in all the fields, verified that account with driver's license number, created a profile, but still nothing set, I did not add the card number etc, After a few minutes to the gmail of my personal paypal account I received an email saying that my personal account was switched to the business account, and when I entered paypal via mobile app it just show me "Your PayPal account is limited permanently". Both on personal and business account...

Is there any chance that the profile will return to normal settings?
I've tried a lot of things I've found on the internet, but nothing helps.
I can confirm my account witch ID or driver's license, no problem.
The business I start is really legal and it is not a goal to harm anyone.
I just need a PayPal account so customers can pay worldwide with this payment method.

And thats it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gane26
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @agalinec1609 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I understand that you are concerned about your account limitations. Please refer to this link to know about limitations. It is best to contact our PayPal customer support directly so that they can check your account and help you.

Thanks

Gane26

Login to Me Too

agalinec1609
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted on FB, Twitter and here and there is just bot messages. Like we will see, we are sorry and something like that. Nothing special what could help me...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.