Password

Marie-Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

How do I remove my phone as a trusted device.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Kanth4
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Marie-Celeste 

To remove your Go to security in your account.

Select update for 2-stage verification. A 'Manage 2 factor authentication' page comes up.

Remove any device that says two stage security is not being used.

You now will have to get verification for any payment/log in from any device.

However, as a friendly reminder, if your phone number changes in the future, please update it in your account as soon as possible so that you do not have any problems while logging in.

Thanks,
Kanth4

Login to Me Too

Marie-Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. I tried your solution before but the only device under 2 step verification is the phone. I want to keep the2 step verification but what I don’t want is to have the phone automatically enter the password. I’ve checked Google and the password isn’t saved. What’s happening at the moment is that I go to the website and the email and password is automatically filled then using the same device the verification code comes up. I don’t feel like there is any security here except for the lock on the actual phone. I would like to be able to enter the password myself but can’t find anyway to stop It automatically loading.  It only started this way when I ticked trust this device.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jackie

Hello @Marie-Celeste

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community. I am sorry to hear this. I recommend clearing your internet browsing history, cache and cookies. In addition, please check that the password is not saved or set on autofill within your browser. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a good day.

-Jackie
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving it a kudos.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.