One touch not working

Sowak994
New Community Member

I have flipped and clicked every button that says "keep me logged in" or" activate one touch". I have gotten screens telling me "congratulations you have activated one touch". Yet every time I make a purchase on a website and am directed to PayPal it prompts me to log in. I have been trying to solve this issue for months. I don't know what to do, my settings claim that it's activated.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

dangoldnj
New Community Member

I think I've narrowed this down to "2 factor security" being enabled. Do you have this enabled?

Here's a procedure that I am finding automatically is logging me out of one-touch, when I login with my 2fa credentials.

Procedure:

1) Login to paypal

2) Click on the gear > security > auto login

3) Mine has nothing there - I clicked "Enable", then "Turn on One Touch"

4) One-touch now works correctly at all the sites I have tried to use it (ie, ebay)

... wait some amount of time ..

5) Login to paypal again

6) If you are asked for your 2fa security code - one touch has now automatically been turned off for you.

Thanks, paypal! Is there any way to leave this feature ON so I can continue to use it without having to (possibly) login to the website proper first?

Login to Me Too

Bilemke
New Community Member
Similar situation. With 2fa ob Mt prior device it was working great new device, seems I can't enable onetoych/autologous and have ut keep working for even 1 login if 2fa is enabled.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.