Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Cezil
Contributor
Contributor

Login problem with my telephone i lost my sim card can you help me ?

Login to Me Too

Slyv1
New Community Member

"Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you" This message comes whenever I try to reset my password

How do I reset the password without this error

Login to Me Too

ulfstein
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently moved to Australia for 3 years and as such have a new mobile phone number, which means that I'm unable to receive SMS verifications. The only option I have is to call a number in Germany but as we don't have a landline this would be an expensive call to make on a mobile. Is there any way I can inform PayPal of my new mobile phone number?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ulfstein 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sturmstein
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that makes sense although we are moving back to Germany in 3 years and have kept our bank accounts.

However, how can I contact them? Is the only option to place a call directly to them? As I say, I only have mobile down here and would prefer to avoid having to do long distance on that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sturmstein 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ulfstein
Contributor
Contributor

Live chat would be perfect but I've not been able to locate that functionality. Facebook and Twitter are not an option as I deleted my accounts a few years ago. 

Login to Me Too

Chrisstead2001
New Community Member

I no longer have access to the mobile number I need to verify my identity . Could you be able to change this mobile number

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrisstead2001 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Then >>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ947

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ahtlite
Contributor
Contributor

when I log in to my account, there is  'for security reason, reset your password' .OK, It's ok. But when i reset my password there is ''We couldn't confirm It;s you''. why? That error is not one week. I am waiting over 1 month. 30 Dollars in that wallet.In december I have to confirm idenity.Please fix it. Please,please,please. I am just requesting.Pleasee

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.